- A Speech Language Pathologist by profession, having received both Bachelor and Master of Arts degrees in Speech Pathology, South Carolina State University.
- Licensed by the State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology-TX
- Certified (Certificate of Clinical Competence) by the American Speech, Language & Hearing Association-ASHA
- Certified in The Compton P-ESL Method
- Certified by Texas Education Agency in Speech & Hearing Therapy and Mid-Management Administration
- Retired as an educator/administrator after 30 years; having served as Speech Language Pathologist, Assistant Principal, Principal and Human Resources Director
- Currently residing in Sugar Land, Fort Bend County, Texas